Meet Principals Chris and Janie Peterson
Call it a simple twist of fate, or just a romantic tale: A couple of broadcast majors named Peterson land at a Phoenix television station at the same time. They soon discover they’re a good team, with Chris behind the camera and Janie out front. In fact, they were so good together, they decided to make it a more permanent and personal union, and eventually landed in the Twin Cities to start a family. Needless to say, when it came time to name their new business, there wasn’t much dispute about the name: Peterson suits them both well. Blending their complementary strengths, Chris and Janie strike a proper balance for each client project. Janie works with clients to articulate their marketing strategy and produces video segments. Chris directs lighting and photography. In the end, they make their clients look really great.
More on Janie Peterson
In roles as a television meteorologist and news reporter, Janie Peterson’s a proven communicator, writer and performer. She began her television career as a journalism student at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota and for 16 years, she broadcast news and weather in top TV markets. Now she applies her experience to enhancing the value of client web sites.
- First female chief meteorologist Pittsburgh, PA
- American Meteorological Society Member and TV Seal of Approval
- Created Girls & Science Lecture Series and launched Cloud Chaser Media, LLC to fulfill her passion for girls in technology and engineering fields
More on Chris Peterson
Chris is an award winning, highly acclaimed photojournalist with a list of Emmy nominations. He’s worked in top television news markets for 15 years. His technical expertise is demonstrated in a variety of camera formats, including Beta, High Definition and HDV. Clients appreciate Chris’ knowledgeable, adaptable and collaborative style.
- Multiple Emmy Nominations Spanning 15 years of Shooting News Stories
- Golden Mic Award for Editing
- Swept Associated Press Awards, Photography Category